Ye shall observe to do therefore as Jehovah your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left. Deuteronomy 5:32 ASV
What thing soever I command you, that shall ye observe to do: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it. Deuteronomy 12:32 ASV
Think not that I came to LOOSE the law or the prophets: I came not to LOOSE, but to FULFILL. Matthew 5:17 ACLT
The main purpose of following Jesus MESSIAH YHWH (Luke 2:11) is to qualify for the brand new world to come when our blood-stained world burns out for nonconformance to the words of salvation of Jesus (God). Jesus teaches in the parable of the rich man and Lazarus that the age to be conformed to remains the age of Moses and the Prophets, which is stagnant in all generations because God (Jesus) is not good going to give to men a new set of laws to follow for eternal life.
To overcome and to qualify for the new world to come take TOTAL faith in Jesus only and in witnessing Him as YHWH. It takes also TOTAL behavior as sanctioned in Moses, love for one another, the Holy Spirit, the grace of Jesus, and perseverance to overcome. And the taming the flesh (John 3:16, 2 Peter 3:7,13, Romans 8:1-11).
but the heavens that now are, and the earth, by the same word have been stored up for fire, being reserved against the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. 2 Peter 3:7 ASV
But we look for new heavens and a new earth according to his promises, in which justice dwelleth. 2 Peter 3:13 DRB
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2 ESV
Fundamentally, to be saved we must believe as it was required of the Israelites to believe, in Jesus (God), and behave as it was required of the Israelites to behave. What else would you expect from the teachings of Jewish Apostles to assimilate all nations to God?
Salvation is of the Jews, says Jesus. Jesus did not make any adjustment to Moses to compromise with His people to prevent them from turning their back to Him, to avoid assimilation. Israel got uprooted and deported to the diaspora as it was prophesied in Moses and Judah got exiled as prophesied in Moses and, in the end, after the fulfilment of prophecies, suffered the fate of Israel. The same Moses have gone out of Zion to the world with the same rigor (Mathew 5:17-18) by the Apostles. Jesus expects us, pagans, to fare better if we are vigilant of Satan and his men who are determined to make us suffer the fate of the Israelites. The Gospel is for both the Israelites and the Pagans. The number of Pagans to qualify is limited (Romans 11:25). It is eternal damnation for all who follow the disobedience and unbelief of the Israelites of the past. The words of Jesus will not adapt to any trend in any generation. They are immutable (Luke 16:16-17). That is the challenge that the Christianon must surmount to overcome for immortality.
(26) For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. (27) For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. (28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (29) And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:26-29 EMTV
You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is of the Jews. John 4:22 LITV
(29) Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.' (30) And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if someone from the dead should go to them, they will repent.' (31) But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded should one rise from the dead.' Luke 16:29-31 EMTV
Therefore the law indeed is holy, and the commandment holy and righteous and good. (Romans 7:12 EMTV)
(2) And do not fashion yourselves after this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and well pleasing and perfect will of God. (3) For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself too highly, beyond what you should think, but to think soberly, as God has imparted to each one a measure of faith. Romans 12:2-3 EMTV
We must be also perfect in our behavior by following the rules of wise behavior which are in Moses and the Prophets. Satan will have many to reject Moses. To be saved, we must obey Moses perfectly (Luke 16:29-31).
The Followers of the Jewish MESSIAH (Christ), the Christians, are the salt of the earth who are witnessing Jesus (Acts 1:8) and trying out to overcome (Rev 3:20-22) and, thus, reclaim their lost divinity (Psalms 82:6, John 14:34-35) with God the Father and YHWH God, aka Jesus, per Luke 1:35 and 2:11, by proving their absolute obedience. Gen 1:27, Isa 43:7. The following quotes attest to the necessity of perfection (sinless) in order to be saved.
(13) "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt becomes tasteless, with what shall it be salted? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and to be trampled underfoot by men. (14) You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:13-14 EMTV
For the rest, brothers, rejoice! Perfect yourselves; encourage yourselves, mind the same thing, be at peace; and the God of love and of peace will be with you. 2 Corinthians 13:11 LITV
Therefore, you be perfect even as your Father in Heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:48 LITV
(20) And I do not pray concerning these only, but also concerning those who will believe in Me through their word; (21) that all may be one, as You are in Me, Father, and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. (22) And I have given them the glory which You have given Me, that they may be one, as We are One: (23) I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected in one; and that the world may know that You sent Me and loved them, even as You loved Me. John 17:20-23 LITV
And let patience have its perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, lacking in nothing. James 1:4 ASV
(8) Be sober, be watchful: your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour, (9) whom withstand stedfast in your faith, knowing that the same sufferings are accomplished in your brethren who are in the world. (10) And the God of all grace, who called you unto his eternal glory in Christ, after that ye have suffered a little while, shall himself perfect, establish, strengthen you. (11) To him be the dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5:8-11 ASV
Romans 8:12-17 ASV
(12) So then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh:
(13) for if ye live after the flesh, ye must die; but if by the Spirit ye put to death the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
(14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
(15) For ye received not the spirit of bondage again unto fear; but ye received the spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
(16) The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God:
(17) and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified with him.
John 12:40 LITV
(40) "He has blinded their eyes" and "has hardened their heart," "that they might not see with the eyes" and "understand with the heart," "and be converted," "and I should heal them." Isa. 6:10
2 Corinthians 4:1-6 LITV
(1) Therefore, having this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we do not faint.
(2) But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor corrupting the Word of God, but by the revelation of the truth commending ourselves to every conscience of men before God.
(3) But also if our gospel is being hidden, it has been hidden in those being lost,
(4) in whom the god of this age has blinded the thoughts of the unbelieving, so that the brightness of the gospel of the glory of Christ who is the image of God, should not dawn on them.
(5) For we do not proclaim ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord [YHWH in Hebrew], and ourselves your slaves [servants not slaves because we are gods] for the sake of Jesus.
(6) Because it is God who said, "Out of darkness Light shall shine," who shone in our hearts to give the brightness of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. Isa. 42:6, 7, 16